“The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.”
Nolan Bushnell

Friday, March 1, 2013

Questions I Asked And Answered To Develop Personal Awareness


Most people are not aware that developing personal awareness is an important factor to success.
Personal AwarenessIn my last post, I talked about pausing to reflect. And to reflect, require asking yourself questions.


 I know for some people it will not be easy to ask relevant questions that will help them grow in personal awareness.
As Anthony Robbins says, successful people ask better questions and as a result, they get better answers.

So to get you started, I will share with you the kind of questions that I asked and answered to help me develop personal awareness


 1.    What Is My Biggest Asset?
I believe that my greatest asset has been my attitude to think positive. People who know me good, always think that I don’t have problem. Well I do have my ups and downs, but I don’t allow the problems I have get me down or distract me from  what is  important. Answering this question will not only encourage you to cultivate positive attitude, but you can also extend it to others by talking positively into their lives.


2.    What Is My Biggest liability?
I do have unrealistic expectation and naturally optimistic, I underestimate how much time, money and effort that endeavors will require, and that can get me into trouble. Answering this question, in my journey to personal awareness, it has modified my expectations to be realistic and creating more realistic goals that I can meet.


3.    What Is My Highest High?
I cannot imagine life without my family. Without a doubt, my family is the source of my highest highs in my life.


4.    What Is My Lowest Low?
My lowest low has also come as a result of family. Because I love my family so much. I almost never say no.. I love to please my family and sometimes they mis-use it. I’m definitely not an egoist. How has this help me to grow in my personal awareness? Knowing that the best and worst of life is related to family. It has helped me to enjoy the time I have with my family, and also learn sometimes to say no and think for myself.


5.    What Is My Most Worthwhile Emotion?
To me, I think there is nothing like worthwhile emotion than love.. We are at our best when we love what we do, love our family, friends etc. Love is a choice and often requires effort. So to love others as I would like to do. I must be intentional about it and choose to love every day.


6.    What Is My Least Worthwhile Emotion? 
The least attractive emotion not only for me, but for any person is self-pity. It is destructive and self-serving. A sentence taken from Eugene H. Peterson in Earth and Altar.

Self-pity is incapacity, a crippling emotional disease that severely distorts our perception for reality.


So knowing the negative effects of self-pity reminds me to avoid it. It cannot help me to grow in my personal awareness, it will always harm me. So I learn to avoid it.


7.    What Is My Best Habit?
I work hard to follow through on daily discipline because I believe a person’s secret to success is found in his/her daily agenda. I continue to work hard to grow in this area.


8.    What Is My Worst Habit?
Without doubt, my worst personal trait is impatience. It is part of my nature. As a child, my mother will be happy if I would sit still. I have learned now that there are things in life that you have to work for and there are things you have to wait for. I’m still growing when it comes to waiting.


9.    What Is The Most Fulfilling To Me?
The thing I enjoy doing most is communicating to people. When I communicate, I know I am in my strength zone. I feel most fulfill and I make the greatest impact. I was almost 20 years self-employed hairdresser and sometimes see myself as Counselor.

Some people would come to me not because they wanted to do their hair, but that they could talk to me and I listen and tell them my opinion. However, I continue to try to grow as a communicator. The value I receive from asking this question today is that it helps me to stay focus to growing my personal awareness in this area.

10. What Do I prize Most Highly
I value nothing as highly as I do my faith. It forms my value. It guides my actions. It is the foundation of my leadership and what I teach my Team. It is my source and my security. Mother Theresa said, faith keeps the person who keeps the faith. And I found that to be true.

Faith is trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse. Philip Yancey.


Having faith and knowing its value in my life helps me to keep a divine perspective every day.
Self AwarenessAs a network marketer, there are areas in your life that you would like to grow.. Developing your personal awareness influences your attitude your business goals.


The above ten question where once I actually asked myself to prompt me to reflect and help me grow in the area of personal awareness. You can ask yourself any question in any area of your life to help you pause, focus and learn.





To your Success

2 comments:

  1. I thought this was so great lie to use in magazine....awesome/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kristina, don't quite get it. What the great lie? Developing Personal Awareness?

    ReplyDelete